ROAR! Vacation Bible Camp
at St. Francis of Assisi
Sunday, July 14 through Thursday, July 18, 2019
4:00 pm through 7:30 pm each night
Registration for all campers now closed. On-line registration for volunteers is closed, but we can still use help! If you are still interested, email Liza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow these links for more information:
- Campers (registration is now closed)
- Youth Volunteers (grade 6 through high school)
- Adult Volunteers
Attention VBC parents and other parishioners! Each evening after dinner at VBC, St. Francis will be hosting talks on a variety of exciting topics. Come by and learn more about your faith! Talks will be held in the All Saints Room from 6:25 – 7:25 pm.
- Sunday, July 14 — Our Seraphic Father: A Deepening Experience in the Charism of Saint Francis of Assisi by Anthony Franchina
- You are heartily invited to this multifaceted exploration of the passionate life and times of our parish patron through both his active and contemplative dimensions in loving God and neighbor.
- Monday, July 15 — St. Thomas More by Judge Michael Merz
- A man for all seasons and especially in our own trouble political times.
- Tuesday, July 16 — Jubilee – The Origin and Practice of Sacred Time by Denise Stieritz
- A journey through Scripture and Church History with stops at special joyful celebrations of God’s sovereignty and loving care.
- Wednesday, July 17 — “For We Do Not Know How to Pray as We Ought”: Learning to Cry Abba by Spencer & Bess Hargadon
- The Hargadons, parents of 3 young children, reflect on how praying with children can help us embrace simplicity, meet kids where they are, and get out of the way for the Spirit.
- Thursday, July 18 — When Elephants Weep: When Life is Sad, God is Good by Lynda Middleton
- The body of Christ is hurting. Mother earth is crying out. What can we do?
At Roar! VBC, kids discover that God is good, even when life gets wild! Kids from 3 years old through 5th grade (“campers”) participate in memorable Bible-learning activities, sing catchy songs, play teamwork-building games, experience one-of-a-kind Bible adventures, and participate in awesome science experiments.
Campers aren’t the only ones who get to join in the fun! Both youth helpers and adult volunteers are needed to help bring the message of God’s goodness to our campers. We’re still actively recruiting both youth and adult volunteers. For more information, see the links above. If you have other questions about volunteering, please contact the VBC Team at email@example.com.
Get a preview of Roar! Vacation Bible Camp right here:
|Welcome, and thank you for visiting the St. Francis of Assisi Parish Vacation Bible Camp Webpage. We are looking forward to another great year of Bible Camp and hope that this website can act as a tool to assist you in preparing you as camp approaches. Take some time to browse the site, gather information about VBC, and to see how you can help out!||This year our VBC theme is “Roar! Life is Wild, God is Good.” Camp will take place Sunday, July 14 to Thursday, July 18 from 4:00pm to 7:30pm. Parents are invited to join their children for a “family dinner” each evening and to stay for Adult Faith Formation opportunities until the end of camp.|
|Any child from Preschool (3-5) through 5th Grade is welcome to register for Vacation Bible Camp. Cost is $15.00 per child (which includes the cost of a t-shirt and one music CD per family) and all are welcome to join us for a week of Bible Activities, Music, Arts & Crafts, Prayer, Science, Field Games, and New Friends! Follow this link more information.||Any St. Francis Parishioner from 6th Grade on up are encouraged to volunteer for VBC. There are many roles to fill this year and the more hands to help, the lighter the work. Please consider volunteering your time to help the youngest members of our parish grow in their spirituality. Check out the volunteer pages for youth and adults for more information.|