Click here for
Confirmation is the third Sacrament of Initiation in our Catholic Tradition. It is a vital milestone on a young person’s faith journey and development as a Catholic. In Confirmation we celebrate the continuing grace-giving presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Jesus continually extends an invitation to us to join in a fuller and closer relationship with Him and with our faith community.
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated in the spring on Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 11:00 am. Bishop Joseph Binzer will be presiding.
The Faith Journey of Confirmation
Students in the eighth grade and high school are eligible to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Faith Journey of Confirmation Ministry begins in January. The Journey towards Confirmation consists of four events known as Spirit Days and a Confirmation Retreat designed to provide opportunities for young people to encounter Christ and to learn more about our call to discipleship. This Journey is to be undertaken by the young person together with his/her family and sponsor.
Parent information meetings are held in the late Fall. Please see the Calendar of Events link below. It is mandatory for parents wishing to have their child participate in sacramental preparation to attend one of these parent meetings. Sacramental preparation is separate from regular Religious Education Classes. All students wishing to be confirmed must be enrolled in Religious Education Program and the Confirmation Ministry.
Confirmation Ministry Objectives
- To provide and encounter with Christ through human experience, sacramental signs that appeal to the human senses, parish and outreach to those seeking the sacrament of Confirmation,
- To lead them on an initial conversion and an awareness of the spiritual journey as a lifelong process of conversion,
- To provide the domestic church (the family) the opportunity to fully participate in the process of formation,
To engage those seeking Confirmation in the life of the parish community,
- To provide those seeking Confirmation with the opportunity to grow in knowledge of Christ, the Church, and her teachings through a broad spectrum of formational experiences,
- To invite and encourage them in a life of prayer that takes place in the midst of the parish community and at home,
- To walk with and apprentice them on the path of discipleship (i.e. life of service and outreach to the poor and most vulnerable).
Upcoming Parent Information Meetings:
- Wednesday, December 11 4:45-5:45 pm
- Sunday, December 15 9:45-10:45 am
- Monday, January 6 7:00-8:00 pm
Marty McClain, Coordinator of Senior High Youth Ministry at 937-433-1013 or via email.