Members of the Welcoming Team approach newly registered parishioners to introduce them to the spirit of the St. Francis of Assisi community and to warmly and personally welcome them!
Process: The following steps are taken to insure that new parishioners feel welcomed and are aware of the numerous ministries available at St. Francis:
1) A welcoming letter is sent by the pastor, which also includes an invitation to a “Meet and Greet” with the pastor. “Meet and Greets” are held quarterly after the 11:00 am Mass.
2) Members of the Welcoming Team then follow up with a personal contact to welcome the new parishioner to St. Francis, and then arrange a visit from the Welcoming Team members.
3) At the personal meeting a gift is presented from the parish community, which has been blessed by the pastor. copy of the parish directory is also provided.
4) If the new parishioners have any questions about any of the 70 plus ministries at St. Francis, the team members either answer the question or immediately refer it to someone who can respond with the appropriate information.
5) On a quarterly basis, the Welcoming Team assists the Pastor in hosting new parishioners and their families at the “Meet and Greet”. “Meet and Greets” are held following the 11am Sunday mass on the third Sunday of January, April, July, and October.
The Commitment: Team members need the time and discipline to contact each month’s new parishioners, and then follow-up with personal visits with these new members of St. Francis. You will need to provide your own transportation and have a flexible schedule that allows you to meet people at their convenience.
Helpful Attributes: You need to be a friendly, sensitive, polite and happy Catholic who ￼likes to warmly greet new parishioners from all walks of life.
For More Information: Patrick or Michéle O’Christie